Have you ever eaten something and thought…. why did it take me so long to ever eat/make this? Thats exactly how I feel about these smashed potatoes.
I’ve seen them made before and thought they looked good, but always brushed them off. Well let me just tell you.. do not wait another minute to make these! They are so addicting, half of them didn’t even make it onto the plate because we were eating them straight off the pan.
I always talk about how therapeutic cooking is for me and whats better to relieve stress than smashing potatoes? I had too much fun smushing these little taters. Don’t get too carried away though or else they will burst into pieces (oops, did that like 3 times).
So what are you waiting for? Let’s make these for dinner tonight!
Things you’ll need: Large sheet pan, microwavable large bowl, plastic wrap, microplane/grater
See my Shop for useful tools and favorite itemsPrint
Crispy little potatoes that are addictively good, topped with garlic, parmesan, and parsley
- -1 1/2lb of small potatoes
- -1/4 cup olive oil
- -1 1/2 tsp salt
- -1 tsp black pepper
- -3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- -3 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan
- -2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- -Place potatoes in an oven safe bowl with 1/2in of water, cover with plastic wrap and poke holes, then microwave for 15-20min (checking after 10min, replenish water if needed, till they can be pierced with a fork). Drain and let cool.
- -Preheat oven to 425 degrees and arrange oven rack closest to the bottom coil as possible.
- -On a sheet pan, spread the olive oil and half the salt & pepper. Take the potato and use a flat surface (I used my metal measuring cup) to smash the potato, be gentle so it doesn’t fully fall apart. Do this to all the potatoes. Take the garlic and sprinkle on top of the potatoes along with the rest of the salt and pepper.
- -Put in oven for 10-15 and then flip and cook another 10-15 min until potatoes are crispy not burnt. Remove from oven and using a microplane/fine grater, grate fresh Parmesan on top and add chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!
- -Exercise care when smashing potatoes so they do not fully crumble into pieces
- -Adjust oven rack to be as close to the bottom as possible or if you do not have a coil on the bottom you can place on the floor of oven as well.
Keywords: potatoes, smashed potatoes, side dish