This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These crispy oven roasted potatoes have crispy outsides, soft delicious insides, in a garlic herb oil. These crispy roasted potatoes are the perfect potato side dish for any meal.
I used russet potatoes for this recipe and kept the skin on after throughly scrubbing them (since they grow in the ground and all..). I leave the skin for texture, to help get them crisp, and for the nutrients as well.
You have to cook the potato a bit before we crisp it up, so the inside softens. You can accomplish this with a pot of boiling water and put them in for a few minutes, but I like to take the easy route and microwave them. In a microwave safe dish, I put about half an inch of water and cover it with microwave safe plastic wrap (poke some holes as vents). This will steam and soften the center.
Garlic herb oil
While your potatoes are in their microwave jacuzzi, we are going to work on our garlic and herb infused olive oil. In a small saucepan heat up: olive oil, garlic, rosemary, fresh chopped oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and some salt/ pepper.
You’re going to let the garlic cook for a few minutes so the olive oil infuses with all of these delicious flavors.
Then strain the olive oil and keep the garlic and herb mixture to use later.
Next we are going to take our potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Sprinkle some corn starch on them and stir. Once they are coated you’re going to pour the olive oil over the potatoes and stir until they have a coating like above.
Spread them out on a lightly greased or non-stick baking sheet. You’re going to roast them undisturbed for 20 minutes on the bottom rack so they get a nice crisp bottom. Remove from the oven and using a spatula toss them around and back in the oven for another 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven again, add some parmesan cheese, and using the spatula to toss them around again. They will go back in the oven for 10-15 more minutes depending on how crisp you want them.
Once you remove them you should have beautifully crisp potatoes with a crisp outside and a soft pillowy center.
Place in a serving bowl, add the garlic herb mixture on top, and you can serve with fresh parsley over the top. Enjoy!
Love Potatoes? Here are other recipes:
Made this recipe and loved it? Leave a star rating below!
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (washed and cubed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon corn starch or arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Place potatoes in an oven safe dish with 1/2in of water, cover with plastic wrap and poke holes, then microwave for 10min till they can be pierced with a fork. Drain and let cool. (You can also boil in a pot of water for 8 minutes)
- While potatoes are cooking, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, strain olive oil into a dish, and keep garlic mixture to the side.
- After draining the potatoes, add them to a large bowl. Sprinkle the corn starch on them and mix until coated. Add the olive oil to the potatoes and stir/toss them until they have developed a coating.
- Spread them onto a sheet pan in one layer and put on the lower rack. Allow to cook undisturbed for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and using a spatula, flip and move them around. Add them back into the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven again and add the parmesan on top, using the spatula flip and move around. Put back into the oven for 10-15 minutes until desired crisp has been achieved.
- Place into serving dish and top with garlic herb mixture and fresh parsley.