Food has always been a big part of my life. Coming from a family of amazing Portuguese home cooks, some of my fondest memories include food and how it brought us all closer together. You could literally taste the love in every bite you took.
What you’ll find on Girl with the Iron Cast
I’ve always wanted others to love cooking as much as I do, which is why I created Girl with the Iron Cast. Whether you are a beginner cook or advanced, my goal is to provide you with easy to follow homemade recipes that inspire you to get in the kitchen and get cooking! Indulgent recipes, healthy recipes, world cuisines, and different styles of cooking. I am here to inspire you, grow your love for food, and help create memories through cooking.
5 fun facts about me!
- I am first generation born here in the US, my entire family is from Madeira Island, Portugal.
- I was a ballerina most of my life studying with Orlando Ballet, Miami City Ballet, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, & others.
- I cheered for the NFL football team the Miami Dolphins, for several years
- I am a huge animal lover, especially dogs. I have a rescue mix named Rey who loves when I cook (especially carrots so she can sample).
- I will eat anything, the only food I don’t like are cherries!
Subscribe to my email list to get new recipe alerts!
Girl with the Iron Cast’s recipes have been featured on: The Feed Feed, Parade Magazine, Yummly, Food Gawker, Kitchen Thyme, & more!
Shoot me an email at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Now let’s get cookin’