These baked pumpkin spice donuts are so fluffy and moist. Baking donuts will make you not miss the fried version! This pumpkin spice donut recipe is perfect to make all fall long!
Donuts… that are baked…. WHAT. Who knew you could make donuts so easily in your own household!
I will be the first to admit that baking isn’t my strong suit. I am so used to throwing a little bit of this.. a little bit of that.. into my cooking dishes and that is not how baking works. Baking is literally a science and so precise, so I really had to put my thinking cap on when making this recipe.
Not kidding, I experimented with this recipe over 10 times. They were too gummy, then rose too high, then didn’t rise at all, turned into hockey pucks, the list goes on. It was a hot mess. I basically was about to swear off these donuts until FINALLY they worked. Sometimes it takes some patience, perseverance, and some extra love to create something wonderful.
and these babies, are in fact wonderful. Even baked, these donuts come out nice and fluffy! A great tip on how I spread them into the pan is using a piping bag or a ziplock bag. Spoon the batter into the bag, cut the corner, and squeeze! Less messy and less clean up!
I hope you enjoy these pumpkin spice baked donuts!
Love pumpkin? Try my pumpkin bread!
Visit my store for useful tools and favorite kitchen items
Affiliate notice: The links above are affiliate links meaning I do make a small profit from your purchases. Your price is not affected by this commission. Thank you for supporting Girl with the Iron CastPrint
Fluffy baked pumpkin spiced donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix to combine.
- In a separate small bowl combine all the wet ingredients. Pumpkin puree, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, milk, vanilla extract. Use a whisk to combine.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a gallon ziplock bag, pour all the batter in and cut a small hold in the corner to create a piping bag. If you do not have a ziplock you can spoon the mixture into the donut pan.
- Spray the donut pan with cooking spray (I used coconut oil) and pipe the batter in a circular motion to form donut. Only fill donut mold about 3/4 full.
- Place in oven for 18 minutes and then remove and let rest for 5. (If using a silicone pan, cooking time may vary). Carefully remove from the pan using a spoon, and place on cooling rack.
- While they cool, combine the dry ingredients for the cinnamon topping: sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin spice. Using a brush, brush each side of the donut with the melted coconut oil and then twist/dip into the cinnamon sugar. You can do one side or both sides. Best served/eaten fresh.
-Use a gallon ziploc as a piping bag -Fill donut molds 3/4 of the way -You know they are done cooking when using a finger you can lightly press and it comes back. -Best served/eaten fresh within 48 hours
Keywords: pumpkin spice donuts, baked donuts, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin spice