This pumpkin bread with a cinnamon crumble topping is made with pumpkin pureé and pumpkin spices. This easy pumpkin bread recipe is fluffy, moist, and should be on repeat all fall long!
Although there isn’t really a “fall” in South Florida, I just pretend by eating a bunch of pumpkin flavored foods.
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
Similar to my banana bread, I love utilizing coconut oil, maple syrup, and coconut sugar. Sometimes I even use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose.
Making the pumpkin batter
You’ll need two bowls, one for your dry ingredients and one for your wet. You don’t need to use an electric blender, you can use a whisk instead. Combine the wet and dry separately, then slowly mix in the wet to the dry. A silicone spatula is a must to ensure you get all the dry ingredients off the sides and bottom.
I take my baking loaf and line it with parchment paper. I cut it in two strips, one to go each way in the pan. One tip I have, is use chip bag clips to keep the parchment paper in place so it doesn’t move around while pouring the batter in. You can stop now and bake, or you can make the cinnamon crumble to go on top.
To make the cinnamon crumble you use: flour, granulated sugar, butter and cinnamon. I blended it with the electric blender, or you can use your hands to mix it until you get little crumbles. Don’t over work it or it will turn into a giant butter ball (and I’m not talkin’ the good Thanksgiving type). I sprinkled it over the pumpkin batter, use your hands to pat it into the batter. I then topped with a little more spice.
Bake for 40-50 minutes, until you can insert a toothpick and no wet residue stays on the toothpick. I always test the center of the loaf.
Carefully use the parchment paper to help assist it out of the loaf pan. I allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into it and enjoying it.
To ensure it stays moist and lasts long (if you don’t eat it all right away), make sure you tightly cover it with foil, or wrap it up with plastic wrap. You can also warm it up for a few seconds the next day for a warm delicious slice! I hope you enjoy this pumpkin bread with cinnamon crumble topping!
Things you’ll need: Two bowls, loaf pan, parchment paper, electric mixer or whisk, silicone spatula
Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Crumble Topping
- 1 cup Pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- ¼ coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
Cinnamon Crumble Topping
- ½ stick unsalted butter room temperature, cut into squares
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2+ ½ tsp tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Taking a loaf pan, line with parchment paper [see note] and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. Flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice seasoning, cinnamon, kosher salt.
- In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together. Pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract.
- Take the wet ingredients bowl and mix into the dry ingredients until they are fully mixed. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Wipe out the bowl you used for the wet ingredients. To make the cinnamon crumble add in the flour, butter, sugar, and 2 tsp cinnamon. Using the electric mixer, mix together until a crumble forms. Do not overwork. Pour over the top of the pumpkin batter and gently use your hands to press it in a little.
- Insert pan into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before handling.
- To keep my parchment paper in place, I use chip bag clips to secure it while pouring in the batter. Remove clips before placing in the oven.
- Store wrapped in plastic or covered so it remains moist and keeps longer.
I made this yesterday for afternoon tea and it was a hit with the whole family!
And the smell whilst it was cooking!!! So delicious!
I’m so glad you and your family loved it Claire! It def doubles as an air freshener haha