What’s fall without pumpkin flavored everything?
Although there isn’t really a “fall” in South Florida, I am still all about the fall flavors. Give me all the pumpkin everything.
I’ve been waiting to make this pumpkin bread all year (yeah I have access to pumpkin puree year round, but it’s not the same eating this in May as in October).
Pumpkin breads are very popular and I love seeing everyones extra touches to them. I was wandering around the aisles at Trader Joe’s (going like 1mph so I don’t miss anything new) and I saw these ‘Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds’. The cashier immediately confirmed that it was a great purchase. It added a nice texture on top, a little extra somethin’ somethin’.
Visit my store for useful tools and favorite kitchen items
Affiliate notice: The links above are affiliate links meaning I do make a small profit from your purchases. Your price is not affected by this commission. Thank you for supporting Girl with the Iron CastPrint
Warm spiced, flavorful pumpkin bread topped with pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds
- -1 cup Pumpkin purée
- -2 eggs
- -1/4 coconut oil, melted
- -3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- -1 tsp vanilla extract
- -1 1/2 cups flour (I used organic all purpose. If you use almond double the baking powder & soda)
- -1/2 cup coconut sugar
- -1 tsp baking powder
- -1/4 tsp baking soda
- -3 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- -1 tsp cinnamon
- -1/2 tsp sea salt
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- -Taking a loaf pan, line with parchment paper and spray with nonstick.
- -In a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. Flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice seasoning, cinnamon, sea salt.
- -In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together. Pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract.
- Take the wet ingredients bowl and fold into the dry ingredients until they are fully mixed. Pour batter into the loaf pan and top with the pumpkin spice seeds.
- Insert pan into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before handling. Can eat it just as is or can add your fav spread on top! Enjoy!
- Category: Baking