This Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake has been in my easy dinner arsenal for years. This pesto chicken pasta casserole recipe only has three main ingredients: pesto, chicken, and cheese! Utilize a rotisserie chicken for ultimate quickness and ease.
For the chicken, you can use a rotisserie chicken to make this dish even easier or shred up some chicken in the crockpot. I have used my crockpot chicken recipe in this dish, or sometimes I’ll just do chicken broth and adobo seasoning (pictured above) because it pairs better with the pesto.
I used a gluten-free pasta in this recipe, but you can substitute any pasta you would like. Make sure when cooking the pasta to cook it al dente, because it will be going into the oven for a few minutes, so you don’t want it to end up mushy.
Combine the pasta, pesto, crushed red pepper flakes, shredded chicken, and mix. Spread into a baking dish, sprinkle some parmesan on and bake!
Once it’s done baking you can add additional parmesan if desired. There you have it! 5 ingredients that easily come together to make a quick and delicious dinner! Enjoy.
Looking for more pasta dishes?
Made this recipe and loved it? Leave a star rating below!
Pesto Chicken Bake
- If slow cooking or cooking chicken in instant pot (see note #1)
- Bring a pot of water to boil, cook pasta al dente according to package, drain and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add al dente pasta, shredded chicken, pesto, and crushed red pepper flakes. Gently mix together.
- In a baking dish, spread pasta chicken mixture evenly, and top with parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted on top. If you want the cheese more brown, you can low broil the top for a few minutes.
- Serve and can top with more parmesan if desired