I know I’m not the only one who wishes there were more hours in a day. Work, kids, appointments, working out, sleeping, and oh yeah eating… there is so many things to squeeze into 24 hours. If there was a kitchen super hero it would be a slow cooker/crockpot. It’s so nice to be able to throw something in there and it be ready when you get home from work. This slow cooker shredded chicken is a staple in my household, it’s so versatile and easy.
It is all in the spice blend. This recipe started with me randomly throwing different spices I had in the cabinet and it really started to elevate the different dishes I would include it in. I use this recipe in fajitas, enchiladas, bowls, meal prepping, etc. It’s definitely a recipe, that should become a staple in your kitchen.
Things you’ll need: slow cooker/crockpot
See my Shop for useful tools and favorite itemsPrint
Juicy, flavorful, shredded chicken made in the slow cooker that is so versatile and can be used in countless dishes.
- – 1 1/2lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast
- – 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- – 1 tbsp dark chili powder
- – 1 tsp ground cumin
- – 1 tsp smoked paprika
- – 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- – 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- – 1/2 tsp salt
- – 1/2 tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- – Combine all spices in a small bowl and mix.
- -Add chicken broth to slow cooker, then add chicken. Pour half the seasoning in and flip chicken over then add the rest of the seasoning on top of chicken.
- -Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- -Once it’s ready, take two forks and shred chicken. Careful shredding in the crock pot because dish is hot. You can also remove and shred on a cutting board, then add back in.