Curry chicken salad is the way more fun and flavorful sister of regular chicken salad. It’s perfect for lunch because you don’t have to heat it up and it will keep your tastebuds dancing with flavor.
I wanted to lighten it up, so I used greek yogurt instead of mayo. Can someone tell me why pistachios are so expensive? I ended up buying shelled ones cause they were cheaper and sat there taking them all out, I guess it was therapeutic?
First I made the chicken. I cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes and in a small bowl mixed it with curry powder, garlic powder, olive oil, and Salt/pepper. I cooked it in the cast iron until cooked through, put onto a cutting board and cut it into smaller pieces.
From there you just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and you’re ready to go! You can adjust the heat by adding more hot chutney or red pepper flakes.
You can stuff it in a pita, put it over a bed of your favorite greens, put it in a wrap, even use it as a dip with crackers or chips, the world is your oyster with this recipe.
See below the prep video!
Visit my store for useful tools and favorite kitchen items
Affiliate notice: The links above are affiliate links meaning I do make a small profit from your purchases. Your price is not affected by this commission. Thank you for supporting Girl with the Iron CastPrint
A creamy delicious curry chicken salad lightened up with greek yogurt and bursting with flavor
- 1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breat, cubed
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp Madras curry powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small greek yogurt (5.3 oz)
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 3 tbsp Patak’s hot mango chutney
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional for more heat
- Cut the chicken breast into small 1 inch cubes. In a medium bowl mix chicken pieces with 2 tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, and salt/pepper. In a cast iron or regular skillet over medium/high heat, cook chicken fully through. Remove from skillet onto a cutting board and roughly chop into smaller pieces.
- In the bowl you used before, combine chopped chicken with all the other ingredients: 1 tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, greek yogurt, jalapeños, mango chutney, pistachios, raisins, parsley, and celery. Mix all together. You can add more mango chutney or red pepper flakes to adjust the heat.
- Serve over greens, in a wrap, in a pita, as a dip, etc.
- Refrigerate after making.
Keywords: curry chicken salad, curry chicken, chicken salad