Last Updated on September 22, 2020 by Stephanie
This curry chicken salad recipe is the way more fun and flavorful sister of regular chicken salad. This healthy curry chicken salad uses greek yogurt, pistachios, golden raisins, mango chutney, and more! Curry chicken salad is perfect for lunch, no heating needed!
Curry chicken salad ingredients
I wanted to make a healthier curry chicken salad. I lightened up the creamy base with greek yogurt instead of mayo. Side Note: Can someone tell me why pistachios are so expensive? I ended up buying shelled ones because they were cheaper and sat there taking them all out, I guess it was therapeutic?
First I prepped the chicken. I used boneless skinless chicken breast and cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. In a bowl, I mixed it with curry powder, garlic powder, olive oil, and salt/pepper. Mix it all together.
To cook, I used my seasoned cast iron skillet. You can cook the chicken in any skillet, add a tbsp of olive oil, and cook the chicken entirely through. Once the chicken is finished cooking, I transferred onto a cutting board and cut it into smaller pieces.
Making the salad
You can use the same bowl you used for the chicken, just ensure to wash it out throughly prior to adding the new ingredients. Add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix them up.
Once you have mixed all the ingredients, it’s time for a taste test. Does it need more heat? You can add red pepper flakes or jalapeños. Does it need a pinch of salt? Or maybe a bit more mango chutney? You can make flavor adjustments at this point.
Once the curry chicken salad is complete, place in the refrigerator to cool before enjoying it (if you can keep your paws off of it for that long).
How to eat
This curry chicken salad is so versatile. You can stuff it in a pita, put it over a bed of your favorite greens, put it in a wrap, even use it as a dip with crackers or chips, the world is your oyster.
This creamy curry chicken salad is the perfect healthier lunch or snack you can take to work. Made with healthier ingredients, you will be satisfied with not only the ingredients, but the flavor too!
See below the prep video!
Visit my store for useful tools and favorite kitchen items
Affiliate notice: The links above are affiliate links meaning I do make a small profit from your purchases. Your price is not affected by this commission. Thank you for supporting Girl with the Iron CastPrint
This Curry Chicken Salad will be the most flavorful thing you have for lunch. Made healthier with greek yogurt and has pistachios, golden raisins, jalapeño, mango chutney, and more!
- 1 ½lbs boneless skinless chicken breat, cubed
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp Madras curry powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small greek yogurt (5.3 oz)
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 3 tbsp Patak’s hot mango chutney
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional for more heat
- Cut the chicken breast into small 1 inch cubes. In a medium bowl mix chicken pieces with 2 tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, and salt/pepper. In a cast iron or regular skillet over medium/high heat, cook chicken fully through. Remove from skillet onto a cutting board and roughly chop into smaller pieces.
- In a clean bowl, combine chopped chicken with all the other ingredients: 1 tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, greek yogurt, jalapeños, mango chutney, pistachios, raisins, parsley, and celery. Mix all together. You can add more mango chutney or red pepper flakes to adjust the heat.
- Serve over greens, in a wrap, in a pita, as a dip, etc.
- Refrigerate after making.
Keywords: curry chicken salad, curry chicken, chicken salad