Blistering tomatoes is a quick and easy way to turn a basic dish, into a super flavorful one. This blistered grape tomato pasta recipe is quick, easy, and flavorful.
Grape tomatoes are delicious bite sized tomatoes with thick skins, that are perfect for blistering. You can sub cherry tomatoes in this recipe, but they are more watery and have a thinner skin.
Blistering tomatoes brings out SO much flavor and they compliment so many dishes. Using a cast iron olive oil, salt, and black pepper. I allowed them to sit without touching for 2-3 minutes to get that initial char. After that I tossed them around for another 5 minutes until they were charred all over.
You can stop there and serve the blistered grape tomatoes on the side of your favorite dish, or you can continue on with this simple pasta dish. I added minced garlic, fresh arugula, and sautéd them for 3 minutes until the arugula begins to wilt. I added in some gluten free pasta and combined it all together.
A quick, easy, and flavorful dinner!
Made this recipe and loved it? Leave a star rating below!
- In a pasta pot, follow package instructions and cook pasta al dente. Reserve 2 tbsp of pasta water before draining. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add in the grape tomatoes and allow to cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Push them around for an additional 3 minutes, until the outsides are charred/blistered.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the minced garlic, arugula, 2 tbsp olive oil, and salt/pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the arugula begins to wilt. Add in the pasta, reserved pasta water, parmesan, and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix all together, taste and adjust seasoning, and serve.
- You can only blister the tomatoes and add them to your favorite dishes or use as a side dish.
- You can substitute cherry tomatoes for grape tomatoes, but cherry tomatoes has a higher water content and thinner skin.
- This dish may also be served cold as a pasta salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
*Note: Nutrition information is an estimate. Values vary based on different brands and ingredients*