Blistering tomatoes is a quick and easy way to turn a basic dish, into a super flavorful one. This blistered tomato pasta is quick, easy, and flavorful.
I’m not going to lie, I don’t always care for fresh tomatoes in my dishes unless they are being broken down in a sauce or on a pizza (pizza is life). They are always just meh to me when they are sliced onto a salad, or tossed into a dish raw.
Blistering them brings out SO much flavor and are the perfect compliment to any dish. Using a cast iron all I did was add a little olive oil, salt, and black pepper. I allowed them to sit without touching for 2-3 minutes to get that initial char. After that I tossed them around for another 5 minutes until they were charred all over.
You can stop there and serve them on the side of your favorite dish, or you can continue on with this simple pasta dish. I added minced garlic, fresh arugula, and sautéd them for 3 minutes until the arugula begins to wilt.
I added in some gluten free Banza pasta and combined it all together. There you have it, a quick and easy pasta dish with skillet blistered tomatoes.
Visit my store for useful tools and favorite kitchen items
Affiliate notice: The links above are affiliate links meaning I do make a small profit from your purchases. Your price is not affected by this commission. Thank you for supporting Girl with the Iron CastPrint
Blistered Tomato Pasta
Quick and easy pasta with blistered tomatoes, arugula, garlic, and gluten free pasta.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 16oz grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 7oz fresh arugula
- 16 oz choice of pasta (I used Banza gluten free rotini)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a pasta pot, follow package instructions and cook pasta al dente. Reserve 2 tbsp of pasta water before draining. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add in the grape tomatoes and allow to cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Push them around for an additional 3 minutes, until the outsides are charred/blistered.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the minced garlic, arugula, 2 tbsp olive oil, and salt/pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the arugula begins to wilt. Add in the pasta, reserved pasta water, parmesan, and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix all together, taste and adjust seasoning, and serve.
- If cooking for 2, you can halve the ingredients.
Keywords: blistered tomatoes, skillet tomatoes, cast iron, pasta, arugula