Better than take out vegetable lo mein, full of vegetables, full of flavor.
- 10 oz Lo Mein Noodles
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded, julienned
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups, sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 6 oz bag snow peas
- 14 oz can organic baby corn, drained & rinsed
- 8 oz can organic water chestnuts, drained & rinsed
- 6 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (or soy sauce substitute)
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Huy Fong garlic chili sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Optional: 2 tsp Togarashi spice (Japanese chili spice)
- Sesame seeds
- In a large pot, boil water and cook lo mein noodles till al dente (do not over cook). Drain, rinse, toss with 2 tbsp of sesame oil, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients of the sauce (minus the corn starch) and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp sesame oil, garlic, and grate ginger. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the carrots, mushrooms, bell pepper, broccoli, and half of the sauce. Cook until the vegetables are fork tender, about 4 minutes. Add in the snow peas, baby corn, and water chestnuts, stir to combine. Add in the rest of the sauce and the 1 tsp of corn starch to thicken the sauce, allow to cook for a minute. Add in the noodles, using tongs or two utensils, toss all the ingredients together allowing the sauce to coat. Taste and add more soy sauce or seasoning if desired.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Noodle
- Method: Wok
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Lo Mein, vegetable lo mein, vegetarian