This tuscan chicken with tortellini is made with sautéd garlic, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes in a delicious sauce perfect for a quick weeknight meal
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs), pound to even thickness
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Bag of spinach (6oz)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained + 1 tbsp of the oil (used: Trader Joe’s Julienned in olive oil)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- 8 ounces 3 cheese tortellini (Trader Joe’s)
- Handful of parsley, chopped for garnish
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Cook tortellini according to al dente package instructions, cover and set aside
- Season chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium/high heat, add 2 tbsp of oil and add chicken breast. Cook about 5-7 min each side (depending on thickness) until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan, cover, and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and 1 tbsp of sun dried tomato oil to the pan and sauté for 1 min. Add in the spinach and cook another 2-3 min until it begins to wilt. Add chicken broth and stir then add heavy cream and stir another 2-4 min until liquid is reduced slightly and creamy.
- Add tortellini and chicken to pan, stir to coat, and allow to cook for a minute to bring tortellini back to temperature. Top with parsley and serve, don’t forget to spoon some sauce over the top!
- Category: Poultry
Keywords: chicken breast, tortellini, spinach, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, cream sauce