This sun dried tomato and broccolini pasta is my go-to quick weeknight meal that delivers on flavor. Using gluten free pasta to lighten it up too!
- Banza gluten-free pasta, 1 box (8oz)
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 5oz of baby spinach (about 3cups)
- 1 bunch of broccolini, stems trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil + 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese + more for serving
- Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water
- Cook pasta to al dente in a pot (about 7 minutes for chickpea penne), before draining reserve 1/4 a cup of the pasta water and place to the side. Drain pasta, rinse (see note), and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking. In a Dutch oven or skillet with high sides, over medium heat add 3 tbsp of olive oil. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Add broccolini, sun dried tomatoes, and salt/pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until it begins to soften (can cover with lid to assist). Add spinach and add 2 tbsp more olive oil to help spinach wilt. Once spinach has wilted (about 3-4 min) add rinsed Banza pasta in. Add Parmesan cheese to the pasta and add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to help thin the cheese for it to coat the pasta. If you do not have Parmesan cheese you can omit the pasta water. Top with crushed red pepper and serve.
- When using Banza pasta I do not follow the cook time of 9 minutes, I only cook for 7 minutes. Also, I do not typically rinse pasta, but I do rinse chickpea pasta after cooking.
- Add a little of reserved pasta water to help thin cheese and help it coat the pasta
- Category: Pasta
Keywords: gluten-free, pasta, broccolini, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, chickpea pasta