This slow cooker pulled pork recipe is so easy, add the ingredients, set it and forget it and then you have delicious pulled pork! Perfect for pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw.
- 4 lb boneless pork shoulder (or Boston butt) trimmed of excess fat
- 1/3 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh bread rolls
- Favorite BBQ sauce
- Trim excess fat off boneless pork shoulder to about 1/4 inch. Add the pork shoulder to a crockpot/slow cooker. Add in the 1/3 cup of Italian dressing and spread the mixed spices over the top. Using tongs, mix/turn the pork until it is fully coated in the spices.
- Turn the slow cooker on low heat for 8 hours and allow the pork to slow cook.
- After the 8 hours, remove the pork with tongs and place on a cutting board. Using two forks, or meat shredding claws, shred the pork. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the excess juices to keep the pork moist.
- Serve alone, or use your favorite BBQ sauce to slather on the pork and put it on a fresh roll with coleslaw on top!
- To scale pork, figure about 1/3 lb uncooked per guest. 4 pounds will serve about 8 guests. Double the ingredients to serve about 16.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: BBQ
Keywords: pulled pork, slow cooker, crockpot, shredded pork, pulled pork sandwich