Deliciously blistered Shishito Peppers with a soy garlic sauce, the perfect snack or appetizer!
- 6 oz Shishito Peppers
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp Huy Fong chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl mix together, 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and honey. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat, add 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil. Add the shishito peppers and cook for 10 minutes, allowing them to blister/brown on each side. Caution: they will pop as they cook, if they have not popped by the end of the cook time take a knife and carefully pierce to pop.
- Remove from heat and add the soy garlic sauce, toss/mix the Shishito’s in the sauce for one minute in the pan.
- Move shishito peppers and sauce into a bowl and top with toasted sesame seeds. To eat: grab by the stem and eat pepper, discarding the stem. Enjoy!
Keywords: shishito peppers, appetizer, asian, soy garlic sauce