A wonderful fall salad with shaved brussels sprouts, crispy bacon, goat cheese, pecans, and apples with a citrus shallot vinaigrette
- Small shallot, finely minced (about 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts, stems removed and shaved
- 5 strips applewood smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 fuji apple, 1/2 sliced & the rest roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Rinse brussels sprouts and trim ends. Using a mandoline or knife, carefully slice sprouts into thin pieces. Try to make them as uniform as possible if not using a mandoline. Place in a large bowl.
- Put together the vinaigrette. In a small bowl whisk together minced shallot, olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt & pepper. Once mixed, pour over the brussel sprouts, mix together, then cover with plastic wrap and let it sit and marinate for 20 minutes.
- While the brussels marinate, cook the bacon. Slice bacon and cook in a cast iron skillet until crispy (about 6-8 minutes). Place on a plate with paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Combine all the ingredients together in the large bowl, can transfer to a nicer serving dish.
- Make sure brussels are sliced thin and uniformly
- Let brussels marinate in vinaigrette for 20 minutes
Keywords: salad, brussel sprouts, goat cheese, bacon, fall salad