Romaine Salad with homemade Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette and homemade croutons.
- 2 cups of day old french bread, 1- inch cubed (or bread of choice)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 head of romaine, wash/dried, cut into 1-inch sections
- 1/4 cup fresh shaven or grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes and put into a medium bowl. In a small bowl combine and mix the olive oil, 1 clove minced garlic, oregano, black pepper, and parmesan cheese. Pour over the bread, mix to coat the bread with olive oil mixture. Spread onto a baking sheet in an even layer, bake for 10 minutes until bread is crisped. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine vinaigrette ingredients: Red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, 2 cloves minced garlic, fresh lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until vinaigrette is combined.
- Place the sliced romaine leaves into a large bowl, add the vinaigrette and toss the salad to coat the leaves evenly. Serve the salad and garnish with homemade croutons and top with freshly shaven/grated parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper.
- If prepping ahead of time, do not add vinaigrette to leaves until you’re ready to serve. You can place vinaigrette into refrigerator and whisk again prior to serving.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: salad, vinaigrette, croutons, salad dressing