Fluffy baked pumpkin spiced donuts
- -1 cup all purpose flour
- -1/3 cup coconut sugar
- -2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- -1 tsp baking powder
- -1/4 tsp baking soda
- -pinch salt
- -1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- -2 tbsp maple syrup
- -1 egg
- -1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- -3 tbsp milk
- -1 tsp vanilla extract
- -3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- -1 cup sugar
- -1 tsp cinnamon
- -1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix to combine.
- In a separate small bowl combine all the wet ingredients. Pumpkin puree, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, milk, vanilla extract. Use a whisk to combine.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a gallon ziplock bag, pour all the batter in and cut a small hold in the corner to create a piping bag. If you do not have a ziplock you can spoon the mixture into the donut pan.
- Spray the donut pan with cooking spray (I used coconut oil) and pipe the batter in a circular motion to form donut. Only fill donut mold about 3/4 full.
- Place in oven for 18 minutes and then remove and let rest for 5. (If using a silicone pan, cooking time may vary). Carefully remove from the pan using a spoon, and place on cooling rack.
- While they cool, combine the dry ingredients for the cinnamon topping: sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin spice. Using a brush, brush each side of the donut with the melted coconut oil and then twist/dip into the cinnamon sugar. You can do one side or both sides. Best served/eaten fresh.
-Use a gallon ziploc as a piping bag
-Fill donut molds 3/4 of the way
-You know they are done cooking when using a finger you can lightly press and it comes back.
-Best served/eaten fresh within 48 hours
- Category: Baking