Fluffy and moist pumpkin bread, made with pumpkin pureé, warm spices, and topped with a cinnamon crumble.
- 1 cup Pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Cinnamon Crumble Topping
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature, cut into squares
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Taking a loaf pan, line with parchment paper [see note] and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. Flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice seasoning, cinnamon, sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together. Pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract.
- Take the wet ingredients bowl and mix into the dry ingredients until they are fully mixed. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Wipe out the bowl you used for the wet ingredients. To make the cinnamon crumble add in the flour, butter, sugar, and 2 tsp cinnamon. Using the electric mixer, mix together until a crumble forms. Do not overwork. Pour over the top of the pumpkin batter and gently use your hands to press it in a little.
- Insert pan into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before handling.
- To keep my parchment paper in place, I use chip bag clips to secure it while pouring in the batter. Remove before placing in the oven.
- Store wrapped in plastic or covered so it remains moist and keeps longer.
- Microwave for a few seconds to warm it up.
- Category: Baking
Keywords: pumpkin bread, pumpkin puree, cinnamon crumble, pumpkin