A quick and easy dinner with just 5 ingredients, protein, and a ton of flavor!
- 1 box (8oz) of Banza chickpea pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 cups of shredded chicken breast
- Rotisserie chicken or chicken made in the slow cooker (1 1/4lb chicken breast, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 tbsp adobo seasoning or seasoning of choice, on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-6)
- 1 cup pesto
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan
- Garnish with fresh basil (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to boil, cook pasta al dente according to package, drain and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add al dente pasta, shredded chicken, pesto, and crushed red pepper flakes. Gently mix together.
- In a baking dish, spread pasta chicken mixture evenly, and top with parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted on top. If you want the cheese more brown, you can low broil the top for a few minutes.
- Serve and can top with more parmesan if desired
- Category: Pasta
Keywords: pesto chicken bake, pasta bake, pasta, shredded chicken, pesto pasta