These marinated steak skewers using sirloin steak are grilled to tender juicy perfection with baby potatoes, delicious vegetables, topped with a chimichurri sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb baby dutch yellow potatoes [see note]
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed, cut into squares
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into squares
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Wooden skewers (soaked)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- pinch of kosher salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients until fully combined. Add in the cubed sirloin pieces and mix until all the steak is fully coated. Cover and refrigerate for minimum 4 hours. If using wooden skewers, place in water to soak [see note].
- Once the steak is finished marinating, in a separate medium bowl place all the vegetables, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until vegetables are coated.
- Grab a pre-soaked skewer and begin adding the vegetables and steak. I start with the potato because it will remain secure and the other elements won’t slide off when grilling. I use about 3-4 pieces of steak per skewer. Discard marinade.
- Preheat the grill on high and clean the grill grates if needed. Once grill is preheated, lower the heat to medium and place the skewers onto the grill. Cook for 8-10 minutes, rotating every few minutes so it is evenly cooked. Utilize an electric thermometer for desired doneness, for medium rare internal temperature should be 135 degrees F. For medium temperature should be 145 degrees F. Remove from the grill.
- Add all the chimichurri ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. [see note]
Serve the steak skewers with the chimichurri sauce drizzled on the top. Enjoy!
- Make sure you use small baby potatoes, larger potatoes will not be able to cook through with the cook time on the grill
- Pre-soak wooden skewers so they do not burn/catch fire when grilling
- If you do not have a food processor for the chimichurri, you can chop all the ingredients and whisk them to combine.
- Category: Marinating + Grilling
- Method: Grill
Keywords: steak marinade, steak skewers, grilled vegetables, chimichurri sauce