One skillet lemony chicken with asparagus.
- 4 chicken breasts (1 1/2 lbs), lightly pounded to even thickness
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 lb), ends trimmed
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 2 tbsp fresh juice from other
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Garnish: Flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the all purpose flour and adobo seasoning. Coat all sides of each chicken breast in the flour mix and shake to get rid of excess.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp butter and melt. Add chicken breasts and sear each side for 3-4 minutes, until they are golden brown (but not fully cooked through). Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the lemon slices and sear each side for 1 minute, until they begin to brown. Remove and put with the chicken.
- Add the 1 tbsp butter, once the butter has melted add the 2 tbsp lemon juice and the sliced garlic. Sauté the garlic for one minute until fragrant. Add the asparagus, salt, pepper, and toss to combine. Add the lemon slices on top of the asparagus, then place the chicken on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove, adjust black pepper/salt if necessary, and garnish with parsley.
- If chicken breasts are extremely thick, you can cut them horizontally instead of pounding thin.
- Can substitute olive oil for butter
- Category: Chicken
Keywords: chicken, asparagus, one skillet meal, lemon chicken