These jerk chicken marinated skewers pack all of the flavor and a punch. Placed on skewers with delicious veggies and juicy pineapple, these are perfect for a BBQ!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1 inch cubes
- 3 bell peppers, stem/seeds removed, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 cups cubed and peeled pineapple
- Garnish: Chopped scallions
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped (1/2 cup)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp ground all spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, grated
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper or habanero, stems removed (if you like really spicy add 2)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Serve with my Spicy Caribbean Rice
- In a food processor, combine all the marinade ingredients and pulse until all ingredients are combined into a paste. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, can add more all spice if desired.
- Add chicken to a gallon ziplock bag or bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken, mix chicken with marinade so all chicken is coated. Place into the refrigerator, marinate overnight or minimum 4 hours.
- Grill over medium high heat (about 425 degrees) rotating occasionally so all sides get cooked. Cooking time will depend on thickness of chicken and grill heat. You are looking for an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and garnish with chopped scallions and serve with a side of rice or side of choice.
- You can place the marinade in a sealed jar and keep refrigerated for a week or freeze if you want to keep longer.
- Category: Marinade
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Caribbean
Keywords: jerk chicken, jerk marinade, chicken marinade, jerk chicken skewers, grilled chicken