These honey roasted carrots with toasted coriander and cumin seeds are the perfect side dish to any meal!
- 12 carrots (about 2lbs), skin thoroughly washed/scrubbed
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Once carrots have been scrubbed/cleaned, place on a lined baking sheet side by side.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add in the coriander and cumin seeds. Toast for 1 minute, remove from heat, and add to a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. Lightly grind the seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and honey until smooth. Drizzle the honey oil over the carrots, then sprinkle the crushed cumin and coriander seeds, and kosher salt/freshly ground black pepper. Use your hands to toss the carrots until they are fully coated.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender at the top near the stem [note: size will dictate cooking time]. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Since we are leaving the skin on, thoroughly wash the carrots.
- Use a silicone mat or line the baking sheet, so the honey doesn’t burn onto the baking sheet while roasting.
Keywords: carrots, roasted carrots, coriander, honey glazed carrots, cumin, side dish