Deliciously moist banana bread with healthier ingredient substitutes!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 avocado (about 1/3 cup), pitted and flesh scooped out
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- Optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor add: avocado, banana, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, egg, and greek yogurt. Lighly pulse until combined. Pour into the dry mixture, and stir until combined. Add chocolate chips or nuts and stir to combine.
- In a baking loaf pan lined with parchment paper or greased, pour banana bread mixture inside. Can top with additional chocolate chips or nuts or banana slices.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and cleanly removed. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.
- If making into muffins, use a muffin tin with lined cups, spray some coconut oil and spoon in the batter. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Keywords: banana bread