This homemade guacamole combines fresh ingredients and delicious spices for the perfect appetizer!
- 5 avocados, cut in half, seeds removed, and flesh squeezed out (Reserve seeds)
- 1 tomato, stems removed, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 small red onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 lime, juiced (2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dark chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients together. Using a mashing utensil, mash the guacamole ingredients until avocados have broken down and to your preferred consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve with chips or on top of your favorite dish!
- Tips for storing:
- Once guacamole is made, insert the seeds you removed into the guacamole mixture. Squeeze some lime juice over the top. Seal the top of the guacamole with plastic wrap, eliminating any air in between the guacamole and the plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator.
Keywords: guacamole, avocado, dip, snack, appetizer, party food,