This grilled corn and halloumi salad with avocado is the perfect side dish for your summer BBQ’s!
- 8.8 ounces (1 pack) halloumi cheese, sliced 1cm thick
- 4 avocados, peeled and diced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat your grill to medium.
- Corn: Shuck corn and remove silk. Evenly brush the olive oil onto each piece of corn and discard the excess. Sprinkle salt/pepper over the corn, and wrap all 4 pieces in aluminum foil. Place on the grill for 15 minutes. Remove from foil, place onto the grill, and cook an additional 10 minutes frequently rotating, until a nice char is achieved. Carefully cut the kernels off the cob using a knife or a corn peeler, add to a large bowl and set aside.
- Halloumi cheese: While the corn cooks, you can use the other half to cook the halloumi. Place the sliced cheese directly on the grill, cook for about 3-4 minutes each until golden and slightly charred on each side. Remove from the grill, dice, and add to the bowl with corn.
- In the bowl with the grilled corn and halloumi, add the diced avocado, roughly chopped cilantro, fresh lime juice. Mix to combine and taste, can add fresh ground black pepper to finish.
- You can use your own preferred way of grilling corn.
- Halloumi is naturally salty, be aware of adding extra salt to this dish
- Be aware the avocado may brown when storing. To assist in preserving, seal the top of the dish with plastic wrap, eliminating any air in between the ingredients and the plastic wrap.
Keywords: grilled corn salad, grilled halloumi, avocado, grilled corn on the cob, gluten free