This one skillet juicy chicken breast, surrounded by roasted garlic and shallots in a white wine cream sauce.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (or can use chicken thighs with skin)
- 30 cloves of garlic, peeled (3 heads)
- 3 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (125 ml mini bottle)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves + 4 sprigs
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper on each side. In a large cast iron skillet over medium/high heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter. Sear chicken breast about 4 minutes on each side or until a nice golden color is achieved. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium and add 1 tbsp butter, shallots, garlic, and 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add white wine to skillet and allow pan to deglaze for about 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half. Add in chicken broth, 1 tbsp butter, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and cream. Allow to come to a light boil for 2 minutes then turn the heat off.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet and top with fresh thyme sprigs,then place into the oven. Bake for 25 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Serve over pasta, or rice, or your favorite vegetables. Spoon sauce over chicken. Enjoy!
- Cooking time for chicken varies on thickness, make sure internal temperature is 165 degrees F
- Category: Chicken
Keywords: roasted garlic chicken, one skillet chicken, garlic cream sauce, cast iron skillet