Crispy homemade garlic bread with oven roasted garlic, fresh herbs, and a dusting of parmesan
- French baguette or sourdough
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp per garlic head
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut 1/4 of the head of garlic on top to expose cloves slightly and peel some of the excess clove skin off. Using a sheet of foil, place garlic head inside, pour 1 tbsp of olive oil over the exposed bulbs and season with fresh ground pepper. Enclose the garlic in the aluminum foil and place in the oven. Roast for 20-30min until the clove can be easily pierced with a fork and slightly browned.
- While the garlic roasts, in a small bowl place the butter, oregano, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, parsley, and olive oil together. Once the garlic is done roasting, remove from the oven (caution hot) and squeeze the head to remove the garlic cloves into the bowl with the ingredients above. (I use tongs to squeeze the bulbs out since it is hot to handle with your hands).
- Mix all the ingredients together and spread onto your bread. Place bread in the oven on low broil until the edges are crispy, about 5 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
- When cutting the 1/4 off the top of the garlic head, you can use a small pairing knife to cut the smaller cloves on the sides -After garlic has roasted, use tongs to squeeze cloves out. Less messy and the garlic heads are hot coming out of the oven
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: garlic bread, bread, roasted garlic