Bain Marie Egg White Bites
Fluffy cloud like egg white bites filled with spinach, mushrooms, red bell pepper, feta and sharp white cheddar cheese.
- Author: Stephanie
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
(Based on using 4 ramekins, can increase with more ramekins)
- 8oz liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/4 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly grated sharp white cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta (or cheese of choice)
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325. Place oven safe ramekins in a baking dish and spray the insides of the ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together egg whites, greek yogurt, grated cheese, pepper, and salt.
- Evenly distribute egg mixture into each ramekin. Sprinkle some of each ingredient into the ramekins and use a spoon to gently stir.
- In an oven safe container, microwave 2-4 cups of water (depending on how big your baking dish is) for 3-4 minutes until it is hot. Or you can boil water on the stove.
- Place dish with ramekins into the oven and carefully pour the hot water into the dish so it is around all the ramekins (about 1/2cm of water).
- Cook undisturbed for 30 minutes, you should see them rise and start to turn a bit when they are done
- Carefully remove the ramekins with tongs or a heat safe glove, be careful of the hot water
- Remove from the ramekin and top with more cheese or hot sauce if desired. Can be frozen and warmed up to enjoy later.
- Pour water into the baking dish after placing the dish into the oven to prevent spilling hot water
- Remove ramekins safely with tongs or heat safe glove, being careful of the hot water in the dish
- Can be frozen then warmed up to enjoy later
Keywords: breakfast, egg whites, egg white bites, sous vide, bain marie, spinach, mushrooms, bell pepper