A creamy delicious curry chicken salad lightened up with greek yogurt and bursting with flavor
- 1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breat, cubed
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp Madras curry powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small greek yogurt (5.3 oz)
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 3 tbsp Patak’s hot mango chutney
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional for more heat
- Cut the chicken breast into small 1 inch cubes. In a medium bowl mix chicken pieces with 2 tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, and salt/pepper. In a cast iron or regular skillet over medium/high heat, cook chicken fully through. Remove from skillet onto a cutting board and roughly chop into smaller pieces.
- In a clean bowl, combine chopped chicken with all the other ingredients: 1 tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, greek yogurt, jalapeños, mango chutney, pistachios, raisins, parsley, and celery. Mix all together. You can add more mango chutney or red pepper flakes to adjust the heat.
- Serve over greens, in a wrap, in a pita, as a dip, etc.
- Refrigerate after making.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: curry chicken salad, curry chicken, chicken salad