This cold and refreshing cucumber salad is the perfect snack or side on a warm day!
- 3 english cucumbers, thinly sliced on mandoline (skin on or off depending on preference)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar [see note]
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh dill or parsley, chopped, to taste
- In a large bowl, add sliced cucumbers, add kosher salt, and toss cucumbers until fully coated with salt. Cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes to draw excess water out. Remove from fridge, drain in a colander, and use a paper towel to dry cucumbers off.
- Wipe bowl clean of excess moisture, whisk in the vinegar, oil, honey, and black pepper. Add the cucumbers and fresh herbs. Toss until cucumbers are fully coated. Serve right away, or place in the fridge for up to three days or until cucumbers are no longer crunchy.
- Ratio’s of vinegar to sweetness may vary due to peoples personal preference. Once combined with cucumbers, you can adjust to be more sweet or more tart.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: cucumber salad, salad, cucumber