Crispy oven roasted potatoes with a garlic and herb infused olive oil and dusted with parmesan. Crispy on the outside, soft and pillowy on the inside.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Garnish: 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place potatoes in an oven safe dish with 1/2in of water, cover with plastic wrap and poke holes, then microwave for 10min till they can be pierced with a fork. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- While potatoes are cooking, in a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, strain olive oil into a dish, and keep garlic mixture to the side.
- After draining the potatoes, add them to a large bowl. Sprinkle the corn starch on them and mix until coated. Add the olive oil to the potatoes and stir/toss them until they have developed a coating.
- Spread them onto a sheet pan in one layer and put on the lower rack. Allow to cook undisturbed for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and using a spatula, flip and move them around. Add them back into the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven again and add the parmesan on top, using the spatula flip and move around. Put back into the oven for 10-15 minutes until desired crisp has been achieved.
- Place into serving dish and top with garlic herb mixture and fresh parsley.
Keywords: roasted potatoes, potatoes, garlic herb potatoes