Chicken Noodle Soup with a super flavorful broth that is so comforting. Perfect for those cold days or when you’re feeling under the weather.
- -1 rotisserie chicken, shredded or cubed
- -3 Tbsp olive oil
- -Small yellow onion, diced
- -4 cloves garlic, minced
- -1 1/2 cups carrot, sliced
- -1 1/2 cups celery, sliced
- -1 Tbsp butter
- -1 tsp dried thyme
- -2 bay leaves
- -3 tbsp ‘better than bouillon’ organic chicken paste or 2 bouillon cubes
- -3 Qts low sodium chicken broth
- -1/2 bag of elbow pasta or other
- -Handful parsley, chopped
- -Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Serve with crackers or fresh baguette
- -Place a soup pot (or dutch oven) over medium/high heat and add olive oil.
- -Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, and butter. Cook and stir about 6-8 minutes until vegetables begin to soften (I covered with a lid to assist).
- -Once the vegetables are tender, pour in chicken stock, add chicken boullion, shredded chicken and cover for another 5 minutes.
- -Add the pasta and stir a few times to ensure pasta doesn’t stick to bottom of the pot. Simmer for 20 minutes, taste to make sure pasta is cooked through and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- -Add chopped parsley and serve with crackers or fresh baguette.
- Category: Soup
Keywords: soup, chicken noodle, chicken noodle soup