Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup with a super flavorful base and uses a rotisserie chicken. This quick soup is delicious and comforting.
- Author: Stephanie
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded or cubed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp ‘better than bouillon’ organic chicken paste or 2 bouillon cubes
- 3 Qts low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 bag of elbow pasta or other
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Serve with crackers or fresh baguette
- Place a soup pot (or dutch oven) over medium/high heat and add olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, and butter. Cook and stir about 6-8 minutes until vegetables begin to soften (I covered with a lid to assist).
- Once the vegetables are tender, pour in chicken stock, add chicken boullion, bay leaves, shredded chicken and cover for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir a few times to ensure pasta doesn’t stick to bottom of the pot. Simmer for 20 minutes, taste to make sure pasta is cooked through and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove the bay leaves, Add chopped parsley and serve with crackers or fresh baguette.
Keywords: soup, chicken noodle, chicken noodle soup