A marinade that incorporates honey, soy sauce, and beer, to leave you with the juiciest most tender grilled chicken. Paired with vegetables, placed on skewers, the best grilled meal!
- 1 1/2lbs bonesless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, or 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can of beer (Guinness stout, or beer of choice)
- 3 bell peppers, trimmed, and sliced into squares
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- cloves from 1 head of garlic, peeled
- 1 red onion, peeled, and sliced into squares
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Clean chicken breast and cut into roughly 1 inch cube pieces
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients (minus the beer) and whisk together. Once mixed, pour in beer, and stir to combine. Add in chicken, mix, cover with a lid or wrap, and refrigerate for minimum 2 hours.
- While chicken is marinating, slice up all of your vegetables that are going onto the skewers. Once done, drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper, and mix to coat the vegetables.
- Once the marinade is complete, taking the skewer, layer vegetables and chicken, until the skewer is full.
- Grill until meat is fully cooked through (165 degrees) and vegetables are charred.
- Serve alone, or pair with a side.
- If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water prior to grilling so they do not burn or catch fire when cooking.
- Internal temperature of chicken should be 165 degrees
- Category: Marinade
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken marinade, marinade, skewer, chicken skewer, grilled chicken, grilled vegetables