Delicious slow cooker butternut squash soup, easy to assemble and full of flavor.
- Butternut Squash, peeled and sliced into cubes (about 5 cups+)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cubes or 2 tbsp of vegetable or chicken bouillon
- Garnish: cream or coconut milk for swirl on top
- Prepping the butternut squash: Using a vegetable peeler, peel the entire butternut squash. After you’re done peeling, cut the stems off each end. I use a dish towel to secure the squash because it can be slippery and safety first! I made my next cut at the “curvy” part of the squash so you’re left with the long end and circular end. Cut those pieces straight down the middle and using a spoon, scrape the seeds out. Once you have removed the seeds, cut the squash into large cubes.
- In a crockpot/slow cooker add all the ingredients: Squash, carrot, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne, bouillon, and vegetable broth. Use a large spoon and stir to mix ingredients. Top with fresh sage and thyme, set on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Top with cream or coconut milk and enjoy!
Keywords: butternut squash, soup, squash soup, slow cooker, crockpot