These juicy blue cheese burgers are perfect for summer BBQ’s! Nothing like melty cheese in every bite.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck (80% lean)
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns
- Optional toppings:
- Pickled Red Onions
- Tomato slices
- Be creative!
- In a large bowl mix together the ground chuck, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Careful not to overwork the meat. Divide the meat into four equal parts and form into 3/4 inch patties, press your thumb gently into the middle so they don’t ball up when cooking.
- On a cleaned/oiled grill, heat to high (400 degrees F). Once heated, place burgers onto direct heat and cook until desired temperature using a meat thermometer.
- Medium Rare: 130-135 degrees F, about 4 min per side
- Medium: 140-145 degrees F, about 5 min per side
- Medium Well: 150-155 degrees F, about 6 min per side
- Well Done: 160+ degrees F, about 7+ min per side
- After you have flipped the burgers, you can toast the buns on the grill. Place on indirect heat for a minute or until toasted to your liking.
- Remove buns and burgers from the grill. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Size of burger patty and heat of grill can affect the cook time of the burgers, use a meat thermometer for best accuracy.
- Do not press the burgers when they are on the grill, this will release all the good juices!
- Category: Burgers
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blue cheese burgers, hamburger, grilling, meat