Quick and easy pasta with blistered tomatoes, arugula, garlic, and gluten free pasta.
- 16oz grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 7oz fresh arugula
- 16 oz choice of pasta (I used Banza gluten free rotini)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a pasta pot, follow package instructions and cook pasta al dente. Reserve 2 tbsp of pasta water before draining. Set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add in the grape tomatoes and allow to cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Push them around for an additional 3 minutes, until the outsides are charred/blistered.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the minced garlic, arugula, 2 tbsp olive oil, and salt/pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the arugula begins to wilt. Add in the pasta, reserved pasta water, parmesan, and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix all together, taste and adjust seasoning, and serve.
- If cooking for 2, you can halve the ingredients.
Keywords: blistered tomatoes, skillet tomatoes, cast iron, pasta, arugula