Crispy baked chicken parm sandwich on homemade garlic bread
- 4 individual chicken breast, pounded thin
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8oz Italian panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 jar (24 oz) Arrabbiata sauce
- Sliced or grated cheese of choice (parmesan, provolone, mozzarella)
- Fresh basil for garnish
- French baguette or sourdough
- My homemade Garlic Bread recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Prepare the garlic bread
- Pound chicken breast to even thickness. In three separate containers add the flour, panko breadcrumbs, and beaten eggs. Take the chicken breast and place it in the flour and coat both sides, give it a small shake to release excess. Next, dip both sides into the egg mixture and then place into the bread crumbs. Make sure to press the breadcrumbs down into the chicken and get the nooks and crannies on both sides. Place onto a greased baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken breast.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and flip over, then return back into the oven for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon arrabbiata sauce onto the center of each chicken cutlet. Place a slice of cheese on top of each one and return back to the oven. Low broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and place in the garlic bread. Top with fresh basil and serve with additional arrabbiata sauce on the side for dipping.
Keywords: chicken parmesan, chicken parm, chicken parm sandwich, garlic bread